Friends, Benefactors and Sponsors
To find out more about becoming a Benefactor or Friend, please use the contact buttons below. If you prefer you may contact the Friends Secretary by post via the Festival Office.
The Festival’s Friends and Benefactors are a group of highly valued people whose commitment to the Festival and love of music are a major force behind its continued success.
Friends of the Festival pay an annual subscription of £25. In recognition of their support they receive:
- priority booking for concerts
- a biannual newsletter about the Gaudier Ensemble’s activities during the year
- advance information about the following year’s Festival.
Due to limited space in St. Mary’s Church, the number of Friends is restricted but there is a Waiting List on which people who would like to become Friends can register.
Benefactors are those Friends who generously donate a minimum of £200 to the Festival in any one year.
The support of Benefactors facilitates the Ensemble’s ability to commission new pieces and extend the range of their programmes to include lesser known composers and works. They also contribute significantly to the Ensemble’s increasingly important educational programme of master classes and developmental activities for young local musicians during the Festival week.
As well as receiving a biannual newsletter, Benefactors benefit additionally from:
- an additional two weeks’ priority booking period.
- a complimentary Festival programme.
- an invitation to an informal drinks reception to meet the musicians during the Festival week.
The Cerne Abbas Music Festival is proud to be associated with a group of local organisations who generously support the event.
For the organizations, sponsorship and advertising offer:
- an excellent opportunity for organisations to promote themselves to their potential customers through the Festival;
- a vehicle for organisations to be seen to support a high profile, high quality event.
In the past these opportunities have included :
- Provision of advertising signage at Dorset roadsides including sponsors’ logo
- Sponsorship of specific concert days
- Sponsorship of Masterclasses
- Taking advertising space in the Concert Programme (both colour or black and white)
- Taking advertising space in a customised leaflet (e.g. Dining and accommodation options in Cerne Abbas).
Sponsors and advertisers have included :
Estate and Property Agents.
Chartered Accountants and Tax Advisers.
Local eateries and hostelries.
Please contact email@example.com to find out more or make suggestions on how you might like to become involved.