Concert Programme 2018
Image © Jane Tearle
Rehearsals are always open to the public and are free.
Please enter and leave the Church quietly.
Planned Rehearsals (Note content and timings may change):
- Tuesday: Note: 8.30 Piano Tuner, Mozart, Francaix, Poulenc, Rossini, Debussy, Arnold, Ravel, Glinka, Dvořák
- Wednesday: 10.00 Debussy, Brahms, Mozart, Arnold, Reade, Mozart, Britten, Note: 1.00 – 4.00 Church Reserved for School End of Term Celebrations, 2.00 Dvořák, Mozart, Françaix, Glinka, Debussy, Mozart, Rossini
- Thursday: 10.00 Mozart, Françaix, Debussy, Poulenc, Note: 2.00 Piano Tuner, Mozart, Françaix
- Friday: 10.00 Glinka, Mozart, Debussy, Note: 2.00 Piano Tuner, 4.30 Schoenberg
- Saturday: 9.30 Rehearsals for Coffee Concert, Note: 1.00 pm Piano tuner, 3.00 Saint-Saëns, Debussy, Ravel, Brahms
- Sunday: Note: 8.30 Piano tuner, Mozart, Poulenc, Schmitt, Britten. 3.00 Rossini, Glazunov, Stravinsky, Dvořák
The Concert Programme 2018
Thursday July 26th at 4.30 pm
Festival Talk: ‘Where did the past go?’ With performances of Mozart and Françaix by Susan Tomes and Royal College of Music students, Robert Philip will talk about the 20th century’s love-hate relationship with the classical era and how this has influenced composers up to the present day.
Thursday July 26th at 7.30
Debussy: ‘Danses Sacrée et Profane’ for Harp and Strings
Françaix: Octet for Clarinet, Horn, Bassoon and Strings
Poulenc: Trio for Piano, Oboe and Bassoon (1926)
Mozart: Serenade No.11 in E flat major, K375, for Wind Octet
Friday July 27th at 7.00 pm
Mozart: Sonata in B flat major, K292, for Bassoon and Cello
Glinka: Trio Pathétique in D minor, for Clarinet, Bassoon and Piano
Debussy: ‘Prélude á l’Après-midi d’un Faune’, arr. for Strings, Winds and Harp.
Mozart: Piano Quartet No.1 in G minor, K478
Friday July 27th at 10.00 pm ‘Night music’.
Beethoven ‘Moonlight’ Sonata in C# minor, Op.27. ‘First Movement’
Debussy: ‘Clair de lune’ from “Suite Bergamasque” for Solo Piano
Schoenberg: ‘Verklärte Nacht’ (Transfigured Night), Op.4, for String Sextet
Saturday July 28th at 11.30 am Coffee Concert
(suitable for both adults and children aged seven and above)
Beethoven: Horn Sonata in F major, Op.17, arr. for Horn and Strings
Billy Mayerl Solo Piano works
Debussy Syrinx for Solo Flute
Arnold: Divertimento, Op.37, for Flute, Oboe and Clarinet
Kovács: ‘After you Mr Gershwin’ for Clarinet and Piano
Paul Reade Suite from ‘The Victorian Kitchen Garden’ for Clarinet and Harp
Dvořák Waltzes, Op.54, for Strings
Saturday July 28th at 7.30.
Saint-Saëns: Fantasy Op.124, for Violin and Harp
Debussy: Première Rapsodie for Solo Clarinet, Flute, Harp, String Quartet and Double Bass
Ravel: Introduction and Allegro for Harp, Flute, Clarinet and String Quartet
Brahms: Piano Quintet in F minor, Op.34
Sunday July 29th at 12.00.
Britten: Phantasy Quartet. Op.2, for Oboe and Strings
Poulenc: Elégie, Op.168, for Horn and Piano
Schmitt Andantino, Op. 30, No.1, for Clarinet and Piano
Mozart: Piano Concerto No.12 in A major, K414, for Piano and Strings
Sunday July 29th at 6.00 pm
Rossini: Duo in D major for Cello and Double Bass
Stravinsky: “The Soldier’s Tale”, for Violin, Clarinet and Piano
Glazunov: “Idyll” for Horn and String Quartet
Dvoràk: String Sextet in A major, Op.48
From our Archive of Concert Programmes and Booking leaflets
Click image to view pdf